Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Pregnancy: Week 22

I met with my new OB today and everything about the experience - EVERYTHING - was totally different from my experiences with my former doctor.  I left this doctor's office feeling relaxed, informed, happy, and like this is a person I can trust with my body, my baby, and with the experiences of pregnancy and childbirth.  The new doctor is wonderful!

This week I suddenly feel big - not that I feel fat or that I'm self-conscious - more that my belly just grew big this week.  It's more noticeably out there, more in the way of everyday functions like bending at the waist (you should see me at yoga) or sleeping.  I'm also feeling the baby kick, swish, flutter, and swim all the time these days.  Aaron was able to feel the baby last week and it's now a morning ritual for him to lay with his hand on my belly while we are all three waking up.  The movements are bigger and more definite (and not yet uncomfortable).

And, from the ultrasound this morning, it looks like we are having a GIRL!  (Well, most likely a girl - it could also be a boy whose hiding or whose parts have not yet descended to where they are supposed to be.)

What a day!  How fun to finally feel like I'm enjoying my pregnancy!

5 comments:

Olivia Hein said...

I KNEW IT!!!!
I just had a feeling all this time that it would be a little girl. And when I come visit we will all eat Cheerios and read books together. :)

Girls Names that I Love:
Grace
Ruby
Cher (just kidding)

Olivia Hein said...

hee hee

i just read what i wrote. please name your girl "Ruby Schuh"

we'll call her Dorothy as a nickname!

hee hee

Unknown said...

I was thinking about Ruby too...I remember Aaron saying looooong ago that would be a top pick for girls names! ;)

I'm so thrilled for you that you found a wonderful doctor that you feel comfortable with!

And so exciting that you're having a girl!! I didn't want to ask if you were finding out since I'm sure you get asked that all the time. I try to limit my annoying questions! :)

WanderingellimaC said...

little kurtina

Erika Haub said...

Yay, Dr. Dwight!!!! You and Madonna...

I am SO happy you are in good care. And that you will be having your baby close to us so we can be first in line to hold this new little one!