Monday, May 19, 2008

Pregnancy: Week 21

That is me.  Gazing at my belly.  The photo was taken a week ago (at 20 weeks) and, I promise, I've grown since then.  I like my growing belly - both Aaron and I are astounded at how quickly my body is growing and changing, right before our eyes.  I'm still amazed, too, that there is a baby inside of me, another human being.  Early this morning, just after Aaron came in to the bedroom to kiss me goodbye, the baby started moving and swimming and fluttering all about.  I lay in bed for awhile, on my side with my hand on my belly, enjoying the confirmation that all is well.  

I'm feeling good and energetic these days, for the most part.  Aaron finishes work the end of this week (the current project he's been on) and we are both looking forward to a respite, more time together, more time to actually connect and to connect with the pregnancy.   I feel somewhat overwhelmed with the large Preparing For Baby To Do List we (I) have created, but also have a sense that we'll get done what we get done when we get it done - and the baby won't really know (or care) if we've organized our files or not.

After a hot, hot weekend, this day is finally cooling off and I enjoy the breeze coming in the window.  My feet and hands are warm and thick from our walk with the dog (which we did well after dark, after the temperature dropped) and I'm ready to go read for a bit and then head to bed.  It's been a good day (well, except for the part where I tried on maternity swimsuits, but I haven't been that covered up in a swimsuit since I moved to Los Angeles - it was unnatural).

4 comments:

Yeti said...

sorry to hear the swimsuit shopping did end up well - now you and I can go together!!!
can't wait until i can feel the baby move. things just keep getting more and more exciting!

Olivia Hein said...

remember your itsy-bitsy bikini you got for your Hawaii trip? ;)

i love this photo and i am grateful that you are sharing your journey with me (us), through these writings.

be well.

karla said...

Funny thing, Olivia, I tried on that itsy-bitsy bikini this weekend, as I was trying on all of my swimsuits to see which, if any, still work. I think my new voluptuousness overwhelms the bikini, not to mention my rounding hips! :)

And, Julia, Aaron felt the baby move this morning. You're next!

Unknown said...

Fantastic Picture! I'm so thrilled to see your belly! I can't wait to see it in person!