Saturday, August 15, 2009

Home again home again jiggety jig

We - Aaron, Haven, Zoe and I - spent the last week traveling by car from dear old Minnesota back to Los Angeles with a short layover in Denver. In a station wagon. With a car-top carrier. And did I mention the very large dog who really likes her space for sleeping? And the almost-one-year-old who really really really prefers crawling and standing and exploring to sitting still for more than 15 seconds? And me, the woman notorious for sleeping in the car? Truth be told, the road trip went pretty well considering all of the aforementioned factors. Give Aaron significant amounts of coffee and he can do nearly anything, including drive for incredibly long periods of time. We eventually figured out an arrangement in the car that seemed to work for just about everyone and we made plenty of pit-stops to give Haven the illusion that she really wasn't spending that much time in her carseat and the two day layover in Denver was a delighful break from day after day of driving.

And now we are home and I can't even begin to tell you how thrilled I am about that. It's so nice to be in our own space once again, doing our normal routines, sleeping in our own beds. The entire way home I wasn't so sure I wanted to go back to Los Angeles - I was envious of just about every other place we visited for many many reasons - but oh, it's nice to be home. At least for now.

2 comments:

Olivia Hein said...

too bad chicago isn't between minnesota and california. :(

WanderingellimaC said...

i will now commence breathing.