Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Back to my roots

Skills I’ve been brushing up on since visiting Minnesota (thanks to the Minneapolis St. Paul Magazine):
  1. How to tell Ole and Lena jokes
  2. How to talk about the weather (100 degrees = “a little toasty” and 40 degrees = “T-shirt weather”)
  3. How to buy a cabin up north
  4. How to maximize your state fair experience
  5. How to laugh in the face of adversity
  6. How to walk in the skyway
  7. How to give a gift (with a gift receipt, of course)
  8. How to accept a gift (by denying your desire to actually accept the gift)
  9. Bonus: How to make Jell-O

4 comments:

The TA said...

I love the fact that you are obviously finding time to write and reflect. Yay Karla!! Goose poop!!!

I'll keep my eyes open for new posts.

Signed, the only one who can celebrate with goose poop.

Olivia Hein said...

even better....a Jello Salad! or is that just an iowa thing?
:)

karla said...

No, Jello Salad applies to Minnesota as well. In fact, I didn't realize until college that salad meant something with green leafy ingredients.

Olivia Hein said...

yes, i always thought salad meant "includes whipped cream"