Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Pregnancy: Week 25

Six months?! I'm already six months pregnant, which means that I'm about 60% through my pregnancy. Well, this is certainly going along remarkably fast.

Aaron and I have been working like mad to sort, toss, organize and create space in our apartment for a baby and baby stuff. I cleaned our files (why did we have that file with the one piece of paper in it that meant nothing?) and organized our photos (wow - I've just never had good hair), while Aaron hung drawers and shelves in our closet (which may or may not have involved some sawing of wood) and sorted through camera and film gear. We are soon to get rid of our TV! Which means we'll have some room in the living room for the computer. And sometime this summer, I will relinquish my wonderful desk that Aaron made me to his parents, on long-term loan. I'm having trouble parting with this last one, as it represents my space, physically and emotionally. I'm not sure all the ways that this baby will change us, change our lives, but I'm pretty sure it's going to change things. And part of that means not always having my space - both physically and emotionally. To giving up the project table, even only temporarily, represents this shift. Not necessarily bad, but change nonetheless.

I'm feeling good and enjoying carrying around this little girl inside of me. Aaron seems to be enjoying her too lately, feeling her kick more often, talking to her, and connecting. I hope he sees some promise in all of her kicking for a future life in soccer.

Any ideas for names?

6 comments:

Magnetic Monkey said...

I never thought I would know another person who had such an affinity for desks! I'm so happy we share that. :)

Olivia Hein said...

ok, you always have great hair!! are you kidding me?

i say you name her after a female author that you love:
Anita (The Red Tent)
Anne (Travelling Mercies)
Barbara (Poisonwood Bible)

Yeti said...

yea!!! six months. can't believe it.
well...name...obviously, julia.
But if that won't work, here are some other weird names I happen to like:
Andene
Camille (ok...technically this would still be after me, but I really do like this name)
AnnElise
Jenon
Abela
Ella
...and what was that one we both really liked? It started with an O?? I can't remember

Erika Haub said...

Okay, I just asked Mercy what you should name your baby girl, and we looked at your most recent post that shows your growing belly. Mercy studied you for a while and then offered this name:

See-ahn-luck-ahn-jon-ah.

Huh.

Yeti said...

ok....scratch all of mine - go with mercy's idea!

Olivia Hein said...

for Julia's first comment...

um. are you thinking of naming your baby girl Obama? I mean, I like the guy and all but she will probably get teased in 3rd grade. and for the rest of her life.

Unlike the name Olivia. No one ever teases me with THAT name. :)
~Olivia Newton-John