Monday, March 21, 2011

Tired

If there were a theme to my life these days, it would be simply this: tired. I'm so exhausted and I'm waiting for it to not be this way any longer. I so desperately want more sleep.

And if there were a secondary theme, it would be: change. If you know me even a little bit, you know I'm slow to warm up to change. So to live a life where some variable is always up for grabs - teething, sleeping, napping, potty training, eating, feeding, growing, cribs, beds - is to feel like there is little stability. It feels like the horizon continually has something new for which I have to prepare. And I'm tired of always getting ready, always making adjustments.

Honestly, though, I think I could handle change better if I weren't so damn tired.

This too shall pass, right?

1 comment:

Olivia Hein said...

Yes, that's right but that's much easier to say when the change isn't happening to me. Stay strong, Karla... love you