Monday, January 10, 2011

A few small triumphs

  1. The rooster did not crow this morning.  Amen.  Nor did it crow yesterday and, thanks to our landlord's initiative and conversation with the neighbors, the damn bird probably won't crow tomorrow.  (The neighbors are keeping him in the basement at night.)
  2. Haven slept past 7 am.  And there was much rejoicing!  Indeed, the fact that she slept past 6 am is a miracle.  I think this is directly related to #1, as the rooster lived right outside her window.  Hoping this trend continues - back to a normal wake-up hour!
  3. I didn't wake up swearing.  Nor did I wake up at 3:30 or 5:50 or 6:30 am, times when the f-ing rooster has decided that it's morning.
  4. Nope, I only woke up at 2:39 am to feed Sebastian.  One feeding, which he had a hard time falling back asleep after...but then he slept until 6:30 am.  Amen.
  5. I was able to take a shower and get dressed before Haven woke up.  Hallelujah.
  6. All morning routines and timing worked out such that we made it to a music class this morning. almost on time.  Much singing and dancing was had by all.
  7. And we then had a play date with some new friends, one of which Haven kept trying to hug and kiss throughout lunch.
  8. Haven missed her nap, which is not a triumph, BUT I didn't LOSE it, which is a triumph and not even of the small variety.  Nap didn't happen and the day went forth just fine.  I had to take a few deep breaths, but well, that never hurt anybody.
  9. I read a little and napped a little while feeding a sleepy Sebastian this afternoon.  Yes!
  10. I made dinner in the crockpot...but it wasn't ready in time.
  11. No worries, I made dinner on the stove.
  12. Haven ate most of her dinner, or at least parts I didn't think she would eat.
  13. Haven was in bed by 7 pm.  Sebastian was in bed by 7:30 pm.
  14. Most rooms of the house are picked up (not the kitchen, sorry Aaron).
  15. I had a nice chat with my friend, Colleen.
  16. I blogged.  One of my resolutions for the new year.  Amen and amen.

3 comments:

WanderingellimaC said...

you're AMAZING!!!! i'm so overwhelmed! but i am mostly glad that the landlord really did take care of the rooster! Yea!!!!

Anonymous said...

WAHOOOO and way to go!!! Keeping track of the big and little triumphs is a great way to stay sane.

Olivia Hein said...

there's a ROOSTER? Are there chickens? do they give you free eggs?

:) yay for blogging. i can't wait till next month...